ANNOUNCING THE EBOL 2018/2019
YOUNG ARTISTS SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS COMPETITION
6 Scholarships Awarded
1st Prize: $1,600.00
Link to Download application coming soon
The Board of Directors of the EAST BAY OPERA LEAGUE announces the 2018/2019 ANNUAL YOUNG ARTIST SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS COMPETITION.
Application Deadline: Friday, May 4, 2018. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Application Fee: $20 / Make checks payable to “EBOL Scholarship Fund”
Preliminary Qualifying Auditions: Saturday, May 12, 2018 between 9am and 3pm
Final Auditions: Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 12pm (Noon)
Place: All auditions held at ZION LUTHERAN CHURCH, 5201 Park Blvd., Piedmont, CA 94611
AUDITION REQUIREMENTS & GUIDELINES
- Applicants must be San Francisco Bay Area/Northern California residents
- Age requirement: Men and Women 17-32 years of age.
- Must possess Classically Trained Voice
- Must be actively taking voice lessons by a certified teacher
- Previous EBOL scholarship winners are not eligible to apply
- Artists who have previously auditioned for an EBOL scholarship competition, but who did not win a scholarship, are eligible to audition again.
- Applicants who are relatives or students of any one of the judges, are not eligible to enter the competition.
- All scholarship applicants must compete in the preliminary qualifying auditions to be eligible for the final auditions.
- Contestants may win an award from the EBOL Scholarship Competition only once.
- All scholarship winners are required to perform at one of the EBOL events scheduled throughout the year (See Audition Letter of Agreement).
- Final auditions for competing artists will be judged by qualified and impartial judges who
have been selected by the Scholarship Committee.
- EBOL will provide an accompanist for all contestants.
- Please bring your own, bound music in the correct key for the accompanist.
Audition Repertoire Requirements
- Each contestant must be prepared to sing at least three (3) operatic arias in three (3) different languages and in contrasting styles.
- One aria must be by Mozart.
- Each aria must be sung in its original language.
- Vocal technique and beauty of tone
- Artistry and musicality
- Stage presentation skills, including physical appearance and showmanship
- Career Potential
- Payments will be made directly to the voice teachers for lessons, or to the vocal coaches for coaching sessions.
- It is the responsibility of the voice teacher or vocal coach to invoice the EBOL Scholarship Fund Trustee for reimbursement.
- Awards are NOT paid directly to singers or piano accompanists.